Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gettin caught in the rain.

Yesterday, our little family embarked on a family run here in Antalya Turkey. Well, kinda. We all went running at the same time as Sean and baby were NO where in sight because of his LONG fast legs. We actually got about 3 miles and then the rain came. hard. The rain was POURING, and we had our sweet baby 3 miles away from a warm, dry house. We borrowed a jogging stroller that had an amazing feature. The umbrella of the stroller was able to be pulled all the way down...covering her whole body. Sean and I were getting POURED on, completely soaking wet, and she was dry. All of a sudden the reality of 'hiding under the shadow of his wing' became real for me. In the Bible, it doesn't say that we are never going to "get rained on"... it actually says "though we walk through the shadow of death"... it never says that because we are christians that we are saved from all the rough stuff. BUT it does say " Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust......” ps 91
During our run, we didn't make the rain stop. We did pull her hood over her head, pulled her umbrella down and let her rest in the dry stroller.
This season that Im in, I feel like in many ways I have been CAUGHT IN THE RAIN. It is pouring down all around me....but I really feel like the Lord is pulling my umbrella down over me and all i need to do is REST. I have been trying to climb out and run from the rain. Only to get completely drenched. Yesterday I learned : JUST REST in the shadow of the Almighty.
It truly is the simple things that happen in our day that the Lord can speak to us through. We just need to stop and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment